I got a unexpected call from my dad this morning. My little brother was going to be in Boise at the girl's high school basketball championship, and Dad wanted to know if I could pick him up. Unfortunately, M and I had an appointment with our tax guy, so I wasn't going to be available. Dad said it was no biggie, that my brother was staying with a friend and that he would be okay. Turns out he never was in Boise, he went to Minico instead.
Dad said that he was going to come up anyway and my brother JT and his wife (which meant their two kids too) would probably want to come. How fun. I was going to get to spend some time with the family. I had no idea.
We met Dad at my eldest brother's house (he had just returned from six weeks in Georgia). We decided that we wanted to take them and the kids to the War Hawk Museum in Nampa. But first, Dad treated us all to lunch at the airport cafe. Thanks Pops.
What fun it was! My nephew is almost 2 years old and he was sooo fun to watch. The cafe is situated right off the runway and my nephew would yell "airplane!" everytime a plane would take off. It really was fun to watch him in the museum too. he would run back and forth between the four planes saying, "airplane, airplane." Come to find out, airplane was the second word he ever spoke.... just after his first word, chicken.
We wanted to go and see the movie, The Waterhorse, but it wasn't playing at a time that was convenient for us. So we agreed to meet back at M and My house. The kids love my house. Well, everyone does. It's a cool place to hang out. The older nephews love the pool table, the younger ones like to watch movies on the big screen, and the adults..... well, the adults love the big, comfy, couch (not the kid show, the big red comfy couch in my great room). It was really fun because it was the first time I was able to introduce my neice, Aubs, to my ferrets. She took to them right away. I knew she would. She's a lot like her cousin, Z, who loves them also.
We ordered pizza, put on a movie for the kids, played some pool, and watched some hilarious videos on YouTube. Yes, It is my fault my father is now addicted to that website.
The moral of the story is that family is really great and they are a blast to hang out with. Oh, not to mention how cool my place is. Next time you're in town, give me a ring and come on over!
Pictures of this glorious night are soon to follow, so keep an eye peeled!
2 comments:
anticipating those photos!
OHHHHH!!! How Fun, Fun, Fun. You know I was there in spirit!! How's Puter? I miss him already. I'm SO looking forward to our trip out this summer. Looking at coming for three weeks this year! Cross your fingers! (Uumm, I guess that means we'd be at your house a couple nights!)
Post a Comment