Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just one moment…


I breathe in the thick, hot air as my face lights up in a smile. My clothes are sticking to my body even though I am only wearing a tank top and shorts. I am standing next to my fiancĂ©, Michael, he in his scuba shirt and red baseball cap. This moment represents the first of what I hope will be a lifetime of adventures together. We are surrounded by the lush green that is everywhere in this Jamaican jungle and somehow the sun’s heat still reaches us under the massive layers of treetops. It is tough to hear the voices of the other zip-liners in our group over the roar of the rushing water behind us. My stomach feels like it is doing flips on a trampoline. I can’t be sure if it’s the left-over exhilaration from literally flying through the treetops by the seat of my pants. I never knew that having a harness strapped to my waist and gliding across miles of cables on a pulley system could be so exciting. But maybe the stomach flips are really just the humidity playing tricks on me. One thing I know for sure is that I am truly happy and I am certain that it has nothing to do with the rum punch.

No comments: