Friday, December 2, 2011

My Problem

Lately I have had many thoughts that I would like to share with the world (okay, world is a stretch.  How about my world of friends and family?).   The only problem I have is that I am ALWAYS away from my laptop when the urge to write strikes me.  I was at the gym yesterday and I had a brilliant thought!  I had the following conversation in my head:

Me: “Oh, now that would be cool to write about.  Why is it that all my brilliant ideas come when I am no where near my computer?!”

Me: “You’re right, this would be a great topic.  Why don’t you just remember to write about it later?  Just remember that this is something you want to write about and the next time you are close to your laptop, just type it up!”

Me:  “Brilliant.  I like the way you think.  I just have to remember this topic for later.  I have a pretty good memory.  It should be that hard to remember, right?”

Me: “Right.  Now get refocused on the workout, please.  I want to get back down to my fighting weight, and I have a long way to go.  Oooo!  This is a great workout song!”

Needless to say, I did not remember what it was I wanted to write about.  Maybe someday I’ll remember what it was I wanted to write about and when I do, you’ll be the first to hear about it.  Er, ah, be the first to read it. 

2 comments:

snappy said...

Your brain works best when you are exercising. That's when you can solve problems and think of cool things to write about. Just take a notepad with you, because if you keep this exercise thing up, your blog is going to be full of wonderful writing.

Lucky Starfish said...

I totally agree with you, but it happens all. the. time. In the shower, driving in the car, shopping for groceries.... I'm just a mess when it comes to getting my thoughts down. :)