Sunday, April 13, 2008

First Family Outing

Our little family went out on our first outing. Every spring, M likes to go out to BLM land and do a little shooting. Now that we have a hunting dog, we thought it would be a good idea to see how our little Sasha-bear would handle the whole experience. She absolutely loved being able to smell and explore without being on a leash. I was so proud of her because she never wandered off but followed us everywhere we went. One of the things we did worry about, however, was whether or not she would be gun-shy. We bought her because we wanted a dog that we could take hunting with us. This would be a serious issue if the sound of gunshots made her nervous. Imagine our relief when M made his first shot and all she did was look at him!! It was so fun to have our little family out on an excursion together enjoying one another's company and sharing this experience with Sasha. Of course, she was so excited she wore herselve out and slept all the way home! She's got some growing to do yet, but she's getting there.



Look at all this potential!

She followed him everywhere.

Almost got it........

There it is. My little hunting buddies!

3 comments:

snappy said...

I must say that I am a "little gun shy." Those loud noises make me jump out of my skin. I miss all the open spaces though, so perfect for exploring.

Kt said...

Oh, that is so fun! I want to pick her up and give her kisses. Awesome that she did great. Now I want a dog!

Kt said...

I want pictures from the suba dive. Can you post them on the site you did last year?