Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Starting 2012

It’s official.  New year, new start, old goal.  Losing weight seems to be everyone and their dog spot’s new years resolution, so I pride myself that this has been a long term goal of mine.  I knew that it would be challenging during the holidays, but especially so because Michael and I were going to be on the road for most of the past two weeks.  I am ready to ‘officially weigh in’ for the start of the new year. 

Tuesday January 3

Weight: 141.6

Wooohoooo!!!!  I thought for sure I was going to weigh a million pounds heavier (ok… maybe just 145).  I am so excited that I held my own and didn’t gain any more weight on this trip!  Of course this is only true because I still tried to make good food choices while we were gone (little to no carbs), ate only healthy snack foods while in the car that we brought from home (including raw nuts, fresh fruit, beef jerky), and drank a LOT of water.
Now that I think about it… I probably would weigh a little bit less than I do now, except I totally binged on New Years Eve.  Good thing I kept myself in check while on our trip, or my fear of weighing 145 would be a reality.  The trip wasn’t all a bed of roses…but more on that later.
Woohoooo!!!!  I am still so excited that I survived the holidays with my initial weight intact. 
Now that all the fun and games are over, I am ready to get back to the grindstone.  The only problem is going to be everyone else who decided to wait to kick start their diets after the new year will be clogging up my gym!  Guess it will be time to exercise outside for a while and forgo the elliptical for a while, or try going at an unconventional time… like  11 am or something. 
This is what the game plan is starting to look like:
  • Back to the diet…. few to no carbs, and organic unprocessed foods. 
  • Exercise, Exercise, Exercise!
  • Lots and lots of water
My friend and I are thinking about taking a martial arts/self defense class together starting in February, and I am so excited.  Exercise with a purpose other than losing weight!  Got to love that.
Also, I just watched this documentary called, “Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.”  Very interesting account of two men’s journeys to health using juice dieting.  I’m not one of these people that goes out and tries all of these extreme diets, but this one looked interesting to me.  I won’t be doing it for the 30 or 60 days that these guys did… but I am thinking about doing a 10-14 day juice fast, just to try it and see.  You can bet that I will be documenting my progress on this blog.  But I won’t be starting anything like that until after my birthday this weekend.
Other than that, life is good, and I am looking forward to getting back in to the full swing of things.

1 comment:

snappy said...

I watched that show and bought a ninja blender and spinach to put in it. Only my kids really didn't like it and I didn't get into the juice thing, but it's worth a try and I would love to see what recipe's you use.