The Friday before Christmas, I had another doctor appointment. M was kind enough to go with me. We went and saw yet another Gynogologist. It was very refreshing to talk to her. Although the news wasn't any different, she was a far better communicator then the last two or three doctors have been.
She told us that she wanted to take another look inside me at my girly parts. She also said that because I was experiencing so much pain on my right side, it could be my appendix. So, here's the news. I am having surgery, again. They are going to do a laproscopy like they did last year in september, and while I'm blown up like a balloon, they are going to go ahead and take out my appendix.
I do not know when my surgery date is yet because she has to coordinate it with a general surgeon (because they are removing my appendix), but I will be sure to let everyone know before hand. Probably sometime in mid January. I am hoping to get it done as soon as possible because I don't have to go back to school until after Martin Luther King Day, so it would be nice to have a week to recover before I start the 17 credit adventure.
The doctor also said that if that didn't fix whatever ails me, she is going to have me see my gastro-interologist for that colonoscopy I've been putting off. If that doesn't do the trick, then it's to a pain specialist.
It's not great news, but I feel better about everything since talking with her. All of the other doctors have just shrugged their shoulders. She doesn't know what is wrong either, but she isn't giving up on me and we even have a plan of action. It's just refreshing to know that there is help out there. Maybe I'm not alone after all.
1 comment:
Awesome, Jill! I'm so glad you've found someone that is working "with" you on the problem. Yay! for good communicating doctors!
Post a Comment